Monday, December 1, 2008

Few failures cannot disturb me anymore

Ya, that's true. Currently, I am not in a possition to release my 0.3. Howver, I will release my 0.3 by the end of the week.  

I was planning to finish my 0.3 on last Thursday and I almost got it. Unfortunately, I just came to know the difference between Mozilla default preference and Mozilla user preference. Let me explain you in detail ...

I am working on Attachment Reminder Bug . In this bug, I want to add a feature so that a user can add keywords that Thunderbird will look for in the body of the mail. I am totally done with interface desing and function calls. Means, I am able to capture the events initiated by clicking Buttons. In addition, I am also able to poppulate the listbox dynamically. The only thing I am having trouble with is modifying preference string. I have tried getDefaultBranch(), prefLock() and more different combinations. But, none of them worked. 

Now, I have two options. First is to start javascripts from scratch, which works most of the time. The other option is Tony. Tony is doing the same kind of saving, retriving and modifying preference string. He has offered me his code and I am going to look at the code today and will try to impliment if it is doing the same thing.

Let me try different things and come back to you shortly with working 0.3. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear from you.

-- Chinmay Patel

No comments:

Followers